2017 Grant awards
In its inaugural year, Scituate Education Foundation was pleased to receive a total of forty-seven grant proposals, requesting more than $180,000 in funding. SEF is grateful to be able to invest $51,400 to fully or partially fund the proposals listed below. Collectively, these proposals reflect our mission to promote diverse learning opportunities for all ages in Scituate. The smallest awarded grant was for $200 and the largest awarded grant was for $5250.
science | Math
- Gates Middle School: "Living Laboratory"
- Scituate Elementary Schools: "Mystery Science"
- Scituate High School: "Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) in the High School Biology Classroom
- Scituate Early Childhood Center: "Bringing the New England Aquarium Tide Pools to the Scituate Early Child Center"
- Cushing and Hatherly Elementary Schools: "IXL Math Program"
technology | Engineering
- SPS + Scituate STEAM Collaborative: "Robotics and Storytelling :: STEAM-based Approach to Implementing Computer Science into the Classroom and Beyond"
- Gates Middle School + Scituate High School: "Storyboard That"
- Jenkins Elementary: "Architects Wanted: Playground Project 3-D Printer"
- Scituate Council on Aging: "Seniors CONNECT"
- Gates Middle School: "Project Lead the Way - Design and Modeling"
- Gates Middle School, SHS + Scituate STEAM Collaborative: "The S-Games :: A Design and Engineering Competition"
arts | LANGUAGE | HISTORY | Music
- Scituate Arts Association: "Engaging the Millennial Artist Through the Use of Smart Technology in Educational Programming"
- Scituate High School: "Mini-Makerspace"
- Cushing Elementary School: "Bring New York Times best-selling author/illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka to Cushing Elementary School"
- Scituate Historical Society: "Dreamwold Trolley Tour"
- Scituate Elementary Schools: "Ukuleles, the first string program for all 4th graders"
well-being | mindfulness | Community
- Gates Middle School + Scituate Food Services: "Gates Grows a Garden"
- Erdman Preschool: "Building Area for Exploration Materials in the Outdoor Classroom"
- Scituate CORSE + SPS: "Therapeutic Wellness Student Programs: Music Therapy and Yoga"
- Jenkins Elementary School: "Inclusive, natural and creative play station for the playground"
- Scituate Council on Aging: "Multigenerational Yoga and Mindfulness Series"
- Scituate Library Foundation: "Chess and Checker Board Table"
- Wampatuck Elementary School: "Outdoor Classroom"
- Hatherly Elementary School: "Flexible Classroom Seating"
- South Shore Peer Recovery: "Cooking for Recovery Monthly Workshop"
- SAIL4S: "Building Leaders Through Philanthropy"